ATV Forum banner

Loud knocking Noise

15K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Elior252525 
#1 ·
friend of mine has a 2007 Odes Konker 400cc ATV, manual shift 5speed.
took it for drive n she drove ok! on a flat surface but when you had too work the motor a lil! like crawling up a hill in first gear! you would here this knocking sound like a machine gun being fired off! (only while pressing on the throttle would she make the knocking sound) too me it sounded like it was coming from inside the motor!!
i asked him if there was anything else he could tell me! he said he was driving in fifth gear one day and the motor almost died on him! (loss of power) but never cut out on him! after that he said he started too hear the knocking noise! he still has factory warranty on the ATV

any ideas on what it can be!?

#7 ·
exact same thing happened too me

same thing happened too my odes as well, from the knockin sound too it almost dying out in fifth!
it ran for a few more months until the problem erupted! she' fixed know and the problem was the exhaust valve seized shut and the compression build up in the cylinder bent the piston rod.....

yes it sucked!! costed me 4hours of labour an about 150 for parts.

later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.