ATV Forum banner

1987 suzuki lt 250 4wd

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  countrylivin 
#1 ·
hi there my bike started acting up on me, when the engine is hot it doesnt idle anymore and it hesitates and sputters on acceleration, it gets to full rpm in neutral but not in gear, it seems like its got no power, i checked compression i ve got 120 psi hot and cold engine, i cleaned the carb and fuel pump, i heated up the cdi from a cold start with a hair blower, still runs good cold with the cdi warm, im all out of options here, its been a really good bike this is the first problem i ve had with it,,, any ideas

#3 ·
sounds like it is not getting enough fuel.. you say the carb is clean, but are the jets blocked or restricted?? if your pilot jet or fuel screw is dirty, that will make it act like your describing.. you say the compression is good hot, so your valve lash is probably ok.. think fuel

#4 ·
sounds like the same style bike I worked on... Look for a fuel pump. if so, it is vacuum actuated. follow your fuel line, if it ever goes uphill, higher than the carburetor, it has a fuel pump. open that bad boy and clean the gunk out of it so the diaphragms work freely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.