Derbi DXR 250, idles but won't rev
Hi guys! I couldn't find a topic that explained my problem quite as I experience it so I thought I'd ask for help.
I have a Derbi DXR 250 quad. Think it's a SMC quad with Derbi logos on it. 2008-model, no reverse.
It had been working fine for a while after some starting problems from the winter. A few moths at least. Then one day when I was going out for a ride, I started it and took off. It ran fine for about a minute and then I stopped at a red light. When I tried to take off again it wouldn't rev at all from idle and it started to sputter when I gave it throttle , even with no load. I took it home and checked the following:
- Clean petrol and fuel lines. Good flow
- clean carburettor, cleaned it in every possible way. It's clean
- new air filter and the air-way is clean.
- good compression, 190psi on both cylinders
- I think I've got a good spark but it MIGHT be a bit weak. Still pretty good. Also got new plugs
- The battery is good. 12.6V and 14 when the quad is running
- checked the ground and also cleaned connection
- Checked ignition coils and had one with 8k ohms and one on 14k. I got a new one and now both are below 8k. Spark is the same
- no intake leaks
Might have forgot something..
It still idles fine and starts right away every time... So confusing. Could it be the CDI?
I appreciate all help I can get! I'm so lost here..