ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I forgot to turn off the petcock on the fuel tank and my carb got all gummed up. . .when I removed the carb I also disconnected the choke cable from the choke lever and when I did something fell off besides the choke cable and the lever screw. . .I don't know what it was, but now the choke won't stay in the choked position. . .a real PITA. . .makes it very difficult to get the quad warmed up without it dying. . .in fact it makes it impossible. . .I have to sit on the quad and hold the choke in position. . .

. . .what fell off? I looked on the exploded diagrams and I don't see anything that's missing??? but I know there has to be some sort of tensioning device (spring or fiber friction washer) which provides enough drag to keep the starter plunger spring from pulling the lever back to normal position as soon as I let go of it. . .

Anyone know what I'm talking about or what I need to do???

I thought about just going to Home Depot and getting some fiber washers and stacking enough of them between the screw and the lever (I'm pretty sure this would solve the problem since the choke lever screw doesn't actually screw all the way in and contact the choke lever. . .obviously there was something there before) so that tightening the choke lever screw will provide enough tension on the choke lever retaining screw to prevent it from returing to normal unless I push it there.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No help on this???

Could someone with the same year Kodiak (or equivalent) at least remove the screw (carefully!!!) from their choke lever and tell me what they have under it?

Right now all I have is the screw and a factory washer. . .I'm pretty sure that there is supposed to be something else there, but there aren't any good illustrations of it in the service manual and the exploded diagrams on BikeBandit don't show anything either (doesn't mean there isn't something there. . .just means it comes as part of a set). . .

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. . .for sure some "special" washers fell out when I disconnected the choke lever cable. . .

. . .I am missing two out of the three following parts. . .13, 14, or 16. . .I went ahead and ordered all three because I couldn't figure out which one I had just by looking at the illustration and all 3 cost me under $10 plus shipping. . .

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK. . .for sure some "special" washers fell out when I disconnected the choke lever cable. . .

. . .I am missing two out of the three following parts. . .13, 14, or 16. . .I went ahead and ordered all three because I couldn't figure out which one I had just by looking at the illustration and all 3 cost me under $10 plus shipping. . .
Hello,
I have a 2007 Kodiak 450 with what sounds like the same problem. Can you give me feedback on how you made out after getting the parts you ordered.
Thank you .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts