ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy new tires and rims for my 500 does anyone know how big i can go without a lift would like 27"s thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
27 inch tires...

You can put 27's on your 500, only thing is, it will be tough on your axles and you'll lose some top end...I have 26's on my 500 with itp alum wheels and hav'nt had any troubles, but i do have a 2 inch lift on it...and the tires would have fit anyways...i have height of 33 inches in the front and 33.5 in the rear...my tires are Zillas by Maxxis at 26 inch, 14 inch wheels..26x9x14 in the front and 26x11x14 in the rear..so they work pretty good...Muddie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ! would that be 27" s on 14"rims or 12" also nice 4wheeler where did you get ur lift? and how hard was the install

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2" Lift..

You welcome...my lift was easy...i bought it from Super Atv it took me about 2.5 hours...i had to take the front box off the front and just apply the spacers in the front...this type has been around for many years...The rear was a matter of shims and stabilizer extentions that came with the kit....I hav'nt had any issues with it...some guys say the front springs will sag after awhile...in that case,i'll just put new springs all around....I'm 33" front Fender 33.5 in the rear edge of the fender..Muddie49

1 - 4 of 4 Posts