ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here and seek your help! I'm wanting to sell my rarely used 02 foreman s so that I can buy a yamaha 450 or raptor. My bike sat up for six months or so and would sputter the first 1/4 throttle. Since then I have replace plug, new air filter and torn down carb twice cleaning the bowl, all jets, ports and also draining the tank and replacing with new gas. The engine now only idles and runs well if the choke is around 1/4 choke. I have tried adjusting the large screw nut as well as air adjustment screw on bottom of carb with no luck.
I'm not sure what else to do besides take to dealer which is a last resort option.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the exhaust sound like it used to or does it sound like a mouse jammed a whole bunch of crap in your pipe? This happened to 2 bikes I had in storage. When I started my crf450r it blew sunflower seeds out all the way to the inside of the air filter. They were jammed in the valves and everything. Guess what else... I was just trying to start it to sell it, and of course it took forever to get all those freakin seed out of everything. I had to remove all the exhaust. It happened to my crf50 too.

I don't know much about your bike yet (I want to buy one for plowing), but are you sure your choke is releasing? Could the cable (don't even know if it has one) be broken? Sounds like you have the carb covered, so probably not. Do you have a fuel filter? How is the air filter anyway?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts