ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am new here i just bought two four wheelers last week for a great deal ithink i bought a 88 yamaha warrior for 950 absolutely nothing wrong with it.... i also bought a 02 honda rancher 350 manual shift fr 700 bucks i bought it none of the brakes worked at all so i went and bought new shoes all the way around i got the back working ok but the front wont work for some reason unles i pump the handle a few times and they still dont work that great i have bled the crap out of them and still the same thing....when i was reinstalling the hub i couldnt get it on bc i thought the wheel cylinders were adjusted toofar out so i moved them in which wasnt much at all and the bub went on.... do i need to readjust those with the hub on through the little peeep hole n the hub.....also another thing is it has a ticking sound in the top end they guy said the motor ws just redone last year and i can see all new gaskets on the motor so i know something has been done it sounds like a valve ticking and it smokes just a little when letting the engine brake while going down a steep hill not much smoke tho either.... does this sound like a loose valve how can i correct it it doesnt affect the way it runs at all starts everytime and has plenty of power any ideas would be great

·
Registered
3 Posts
sound like you do need to re adjust the front brakes. also look and see if you can see any silicon on the top end cover it could be stopping up the oil galley. if so remove top cover clean off silicon, and apply aviation sealant which will not clogg up. if not valves may need adjusting , there is a cover to remove to get access to rockers. but if you are not familure with this procees you may want to have someone do all of this

1 - 2 of 2 Posts