ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I have a 02 350 wolverine that is a bear to get started in cold weather. It will start and run for 3-4 seconds and quit. You have to continue this for an about 5-10 minutes before it will continue to run with the choke on and it still takes a bit after that to get it to finally start warming up. Has anybody ran into this situation? I think there has to be something going on in the carb but wanted to hopefully rule anything else out.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cold Start

I'm not familiar with this model, but I will give it a go.

Sounds like a lack of fuel from the carb on start up. Inspect the choke system to see if all parts are moving. IE the enrichment needle or butter fly on the carb. If all the components are moving. do a test with the air filter off. Use a small oil squirt can. fill it with gas, start the unit and feed the fuel from the oil can directly into the air intake.

When you do this the unit will run and not stall, this will prove to you that you are getting a lean start up for cold weather.

You will then have to remove the carb and clean it out and inspect and reset all the internal settings.

Sounds like you are not getting full enrichment on the choke setting, when set up for a cold start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem Solved

Rumely,
Thanks for the post. I ended up pulling off the carb tonite and tearing into it. I found starter jet that is tied to the choke and the pilot jet plugged. I cleaned the whole carb with cleaner and put it back together. Got it back on the ride, pulled on the choke and it started right up. I put the choke to half and them off. Dang thing is purring like a kitten now. Thanks for the help.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts