ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 sportsman and today i drove out of myy drive way , gave it a shot of gas and it bogged down and stalled.!!! started back up , idle nice but trying to rev it kills the machine , . what to doo!!!!! ????? what to check
?? choke cable is fine!. any ideas,?>?????????!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::dunno::thumbsdown:

·
Registered
48 Posts
check the free play in the throttle to much free play in throttle will kick in the etc safety. you only want a 1/16 play in throttle. if not could be dirty carb, check air filter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya ok but no one played with the free play before, and if soo how do i adjust it?? do i have to open the trottle box?

step by step inscructions would be nice thanks!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
no one has to play with it, to adjust free play about 6 inches from the thumb throttle itself on the throttle cable there will be a rubber boot. pull the rubber back to expose the throttle cable adjuster, turn till you get the correct 1/16 play on the thumb throttle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brought it to dealer.... they found that the stator wasent giving much power to spark the spark plug at high rev , that was the prob.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
service manual will tell you your voltage. me it was the magnito too as well as the stator which cost 1300 $$

·
Registered
3 Posts
$1300, that is crazy expensive.

Today I pulled my air cleaner off and while reving the engine sprayed sea foam deep creep into the carb. Seemed to do the trick as it is running fine now.

I had hoped mine was fuel related and it seems it was. Working on the carb on these things is such pain ITA!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you think thoses carbs are a pain, i got a kawasaki brute force tuneed up to the t*its and umm yea dual carbs are a pain. you have to strip the whole bike to get to em. but hey. best quad i ever owned compared to a shitty polaris. ithe brute will katt walk a mile long and thats how much power its got and goes trough anything and i mean deep muskeg. do the right decision sell that popo and buy kawi :) Kawi fan OUT:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup that was the problem with my shitty polaris. seel the thing before more things go on it, they say if your past 3500miles get rid of it before you replace the whole bike with new parts..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts