ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I've been referring to this forum a bunch over the years , but finally needed to create an account for some help,, so this is my first post. I'm working on a friend's 06 Arctic Cat 700efi that has no spark whatsoever and am kinda at a loss. To begin with, he had tried to fix it himself so he had replaced alot already...I know, I know lol. This is what has been done; New plug twice, new coil twice with new one ohming out great, new stator, new voltage regulator, and new starter solenoid.
. The biggest frustration is that I've got no codes. ECU shows that I'm in neutral and my brake safety switch works. I also show 12.5v at the tilt sensor pin on ecu which I assume is correct and then if u flip, then u lose voltage. Am I right, or no? Only other things I can think to do is replace Crank position sensor, get a peak voltage meter and read my peak voltages, or replace ecm which obviously is last resort.

I also verified the pulse coil. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Brake switch is good. I'll double check the kill switch when I get home from work though. It does crank and turn over just won't fire.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check all the fuses and diodes and relays, make sure those are all good.

Ohm out the coil and cap to make sure they are within spec?
cap should have 10k resistor in it
Coil Primary .5 ohms
Coil Secondary 6.5k ohms

Remove ecu and clean connector, make sure all grounds are good.

I just finished working on a 07 recently and it had all kinds of issues
Have a look at our recent short videos

You said you replaced stator,what about the pickup coil?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts