ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall this is my first post here but my dad has a 06 brute force 650 4x4 and we always have to choke it completely to get it to start, and then when we take the choke off we have to stay on the throtle or it dies, just wondering what yall think is wrong? We were thinking maybe the carb needs cleaned or something? I have already changed the spark plugs, cleaned the air filter, and ran some fuel conditioner through the system and none of that has helped yet...What do yall think the problem is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to say, that when i rev it up higher it starts to backfire pretty bad, im not sure how these motors work but could it maybe have jumped time?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Believe

Alright, I hope this info will help someone else with rough idle problems. I have only had my Brute for about 6 months and hardly ever ride it, but when I do I want it to work like new and not like some p.o.s.. I was experiencing a very rough and inconsistent idle with severe backfire out of the top of the carb and tail pipe. I took it into the shop to have the idle fixed and was told that the plugs were dirty and a new set will cure my idle problem. A few dollars later my new 25hr. machine still would not idle. Now I'm pissed! So what do I do, I research the Brute force problems on line and found a few ideas on how to correct the problem. Rejetting a new machine seemed totally out of the question since who better to out fit my machine then the fine folks at Kawasaki, after all they are selling this machine to work correctly right out off the line, right? All those other ideas of rebuild and taking stuff apart or retro fitting was not my goal since it is just a recreational machine. Well finally I found the answer in a small can called Sea Foam. I read all the reviews and the other day poured entire contents in with a half a tank of gas, started it up and still the same damn things were happening. Next day, started it and out popped a small cloud of smoke and viola the Brute runs like it should.... smooooooth!

Long story long.....Keep It Simple Stupid... start with Sea Foam first then if your machine won't idle , tear it apart. Also if you use gas with ethonal and let it sit for awhile (7 days or more), my understanding is that the alchohol will start to gum up and clog those jets and all parts of a system.

Good Luck and hope this works for somebody else!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts