ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new, I bought a brand new 06 kodiak 450 several years back and am constantly forced to clean the float needle. it either stays shut or stays open after sitting for a few weeks. The atv was at the dealership a half dozen times when it was new and under warranty for the same damn problem. they would either clean the carbs or replace the float needle. They blamed it on ethanol blended gas (basically all i can purchase). I have tried everything from fuel stabilizer, cleaning out the fuel tank, to shutting off the fuel and running the carb dry. NOTHING SEEMS TO BE A PERMANENT SOLUTION. If there is one positive i am now able to remove the carb, clean it, and reinstall in under an hour...... after which the atv runs perfect (until i park it for several weeks). I am currently thinking of either completely replacing the carb with a oem or an aftermarket one. but would like insight/ advice on which to purchase or hopefully a less drastic action. My freind has an 07 grizzly 450 and has never had the problem i experience and his is used less than mine with ethanol blended fuel.....
Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations-Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, To answer your question yes, but only some of the time any reason why? After the last time I rode it the dam needle stayed open cause I forgot to shut gas off and about 1.5 gallons of gas ended up in the crank, I hydrolocked the engine with gas (thankfully wouldn't turn over). So I bought a brand new oem carb,cleaned out the gas tank again, replaced the fuel lines, flushed the crank with oil twice and replaced the air filter so far so good, J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts