ATV Forum banner

06 sportsman 700 efi stalls

7K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  icefisher 
#1 ·
hello everyone good forum been reading alot, lastweek on the ice i ran into problems, 06 sportsman 700 efi would stall out and when you go to restart it no power to lights or anything first fuse in box would be warm and you can here it clicking they are resetable type ,when i pulled that one out the atv would get power back and i could start the machine turns out that fuse is for accesory fuse nothing plugged into it to short it out, came home garaged machine and everything is fine now . only code pulled from machine is 54 engine temp sensor checked with ohm meter it seems fine . Now I lost confidence on taking this bike out on ice not a place you want to break down , any help would be appreciated greatly.

#2 · (Edited)
Sportsman 700....

Welcome to the forum:)

Polaris always has loose wire+connection problems. Check all the handle bar control connections+battery connection:thumbsup: Breakers(fuses) are popping..it could be a short(look for damaged wires). Check for loose connections around fuse box also.

#3 ·
yes damm gremlins, looked for obvious signs ,when i came home was surprised fuse reseting was accesory fuse looked over it carefully nothing visibly wrong, dont know if it was snow ice slush packing it under the carriage causing short was praying someone here encountered similiar situation :dunno:

#6 ·
Sportsman 700 stalling.....

*Do the breakers keep tripping? Breakers are known to just stop working(moisture)....most people remove them and add auto blade fuse+holder.
If the breakers/fuses keep blowing there could be a short in the wires....follow the wires from the fuse/breaker and check for damage. Also, you could test the wires for continuity(disconnect wire's)....If it has continuity then there's a short.

#9 ·
Update!

well I couldnt find the problem, so to polaris dealer it went they almost gave up 7 hrs into it and recommended changing out wiring harness at this point I agreed because they were also fustrated , get a call in morning the mechanic wouldnt give up and found three cracks in wiring causing the problem rubbing against chassis :p bike is normal again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.