ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have problems with my 700 overheating so Im looking for some answers. The reserve tank for the antifreeze will fill up complete full but, won't go back into the radiator once it cools down. The fan seems like it is always running. It has gotten so hot that it melted the plastic side panel and the underside of the seat. I've been to the dealer asking about it and they claim they have never heard of that when in fact I have talk to a number of guys that have had the same problem with the year and model.
I can start it and let it sit and idle for a few minutes and the fan kicks on right away. Not sure if that is normal or not? Anyways I was thinking maybe the thermostat is shot? I dont understand why the antifreeze isnt going back into the radiator though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have problems with my 700 overheating so Im looking for some answers. The reserve tank for the antifreeze will fill up complete full but, won't go back into the radiator once it cools down. The fan seems like it is always running. It has gotten so hot that it melted the plastic side panel and the underside of the seat. I've been to the dealer asking about it and they claim they have never heard of that when in fact I have talk to a number of guys that have had the same problem with the year and model.
I can start it and let it sit and idle for a few minutes and the fan kicks on right away. Not sure if that is normal or not? Anyways I was thinking maybe the thermostat is shot? I dont understand why the antifreeze isnt going back into the radiator though.
there is a polaris atv forum,, try there for answers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts