ATV Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The oil pump is run by the cam chain and the oil filter is a centrifugal built into the clutch so i dont know how i would be able to check for oil flow

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oofah. Sounds unnecessarily complicated. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you take the valve cover off and
everything looks wet in there , your pump is probably fine. Maybe do that after running it a little bit. Pro Tip....
Just plop a Turbo Hyabusa motor in there. Did you ever get the high idle fixed ?

Mad

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
On the smaller carb it was a stuck slide but the bigger one it ran and bogged under any throttle so i just went back to the old one until i get new gaskets my smaller carb is a knockoff keihin pz19 and my bigger one is a knockoff mikuni vm22

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mad youve never done me wrong 3 questions for ya 1. My atv click and clunks when i roll it it is a single speed auto clutched bike so its not a transmission problem that i know of it seems to be related to the drive chain and sprockets or the auto clutch 2. My bike also has a weird problem with steering its like my steering comes loose and then my bars will be off center going straight but when i stop straight is straight my theory is tires or my front wheels are comin off the ground 3. My stator side case was boiling hot hotter than the oil after probably a 45 minutes ride at like 1/2 3/4 throttle but i was runnin 2 7 inches 30 watt light bars plus the high beams on the bike i was going through like 3 inch deep water maybe and then when id come to a stop it smelled either like a wire burning smell or oil smell or water and mud evaporating the wires werent warm so i assume oil or mud and water any help would be great

·
Registered
300 Posts
First thing is to check the chain. Support the rear and slowly roll the rear wheels. See if there's any tight spots
in the chain. Could be seized links. Look at the sprocket teeth for wear too. If it isn't that check to see if each wheel spins smoothly. Maybe a failing wheel bearing.
The steering is probably worn tie rod ends or bad bearings in the steering stem. With the front off the ground push and pull on the wheel. Look for any slop in the steering rods. You may need new heim joints at the ends.
As far as the lights, I suspect you're really straining the charging system with those. Eventually the stator or rectifier
is going to burn out. Either use lower amperage lights or upgrade the charging system if you can. Probably a good idea to seal the stator cover if you can. Not sure if that uses a gasket on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
First thing is to check the chain. Support the rear and slowly roll the rear wheels. See if there's any tight spots
in the chain. Could be seized links. Look at the sprocket teeth for wear too. If it isn't that check to see if each wheel spins smoothly. Maybe a failing wheel bearing.
The steering is probably worn tie rod ends or bad bearings in the steering stem. With the front off the ground push and pull on the wheel. Look for any slop in the steering rods. You may need new heim joints at the ends.
As far as the lights, I suspect you're really straining the charging system with those. Eventually the stator or rectifier
is going to burn out. Either use lower amperage lights or upgrade the charging system if you can. Probably a good idea to seal the stator cover if you can. Not sure if that uses a gasket on it.
It uses gaskets but i was in the water and so far found no moisture inside could be cause i didnt go in that deep

21 - 27 of 27 Posts