ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My atc 200 doesn't have any fire it started last summer. my old coil when so I got a aftermarket coil from ebay (not oem) when I got it on it worked great for about 20 minutes but stalled.I tried to start it again but the recoil flew apart so I didn't try it for about 6 months. I got the recoil back together this week and tried it and it started for about three minutes and stalled . I noticed my plug was loose so I tightened it and tried it again and it worked real good for about two min then stalled out and it stopped firing so a tried getting another cdi box and still there is nothing. But I know its not the stator because when you crank the engine the head lights come on. If anyone knows what part of the electrical system that would case this please advise
sincerely and desperate
Tyler Inman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1983 Atc 200s doesn't have plugfire

Yes I've tried a new spark plug but I'm am going to try another coil because I've heard stories about aftermarket electrical parts malfuntioning. I'll post once I get another coil.

·
Banned
377 Posts
ATC 200s

It could be the ignition coil wire is lose. it happened to me. I worked and trouble shot for a few hours till i said to my self "hmmmm ill check the plug wire" so i pulled it off cut some off and put it back in and she fired up. also make sure the coil is grounded well. I'd check the wire and ground connections. Make sure they are touching bare metal.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
377 Posts
ATC 200s

There's a pin in the cam that locks the spark advancer in place if that's not there the spark advancer won't spin and you'll have no spark = take the cdi cover off and see if its spinning...just a thought

I would also check your CDI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts