ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Recently I purchased 1987 Trail Boss 4x4 (I believe it is the 250, I don’t think they had the 330 for a couple years after ‘87) it was a few hundred bucks off some guy, I’d been looking to find a used quad. The thing looks like it was barely ridden, looks like it did most of its time sitting. The thing is, the brake lines were filled with gelatinous crap. After much struggling, I ended up removing the upper and lower lines as well as the fitting tee. I cannot for the life of me find brake lines to match the part #, and while I’m not surprised I am definitely frustrated. At this point I am just wondering if someone might be able to offer some knowledge on what brake lines might be compatible from another year or make?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

Recently I purchased 1987 Trail Boss 4x4 (I believe it is the 250, I don’t think they had the 330 for a couple years after ‘87) it was a few hundred bucks off some guy, I’d been looking to find a used quad. The thing looks like it was barely ridden, looks like it did most of its time sitting. The thing is, the brake lines were filled with gelatinous crap. After much struggling, I ended up removing the upper and lower lines as well as the fitting tee. I cannot for the life of me find brake lines to match the part #, and while I’m not surprised I am definitely frustrated. At this point I am just wondering if someone might be able to offer some knowledge on what brake lines might be compatible from another year or make?

Thanks so much in advance!
I don't know if it will help but I recently had brake line problems, and went to Speedway racing and bought a steel braided line and fittings. You can get any length. Its in 3N, so you need 3N to 7/16 fittings on the ends. I fixed my line on my 92 Trail boss 250.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts