ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to upgrade my old hunting 3 wheeler, I only use it one week a year. I seen a 1988 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 and was wondering if these are dependable machines. I don't need breakdowns in the bush. Also, are these 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
It was supposed to be well taken care of, clean, runs good. High, low, reverse, electric start.
The only problem is somebody pulled the guts out of the front master cylinder to deactivate the front brakes, apparently something seized up and the simple/cheap fix was this. Everything else is supposed to be very good. It also has $600 worth of brand new tires.
What would be a good price?
Thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got an 89 Big Bear myself.
It is a 4 cycle motor and from everything I have read in review of people that have them or used to all pretty much say the same thing. The 198x's Big Bears are solid heavy duty machines.
I also have a 2005 Honda Rancher and find the older Big Bear very much comparable in performance.
I traded a snowmobile for it but he was asking $900 for my Big Bear here in Minnesota, it does need tires and new head lights though.

I used to own a 84 Honda 3 wheeler which I was happy with, also used it for hunting. You will be so much happier on a 4 wheeler then you ever were on the 3 wheeler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts