ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking to buy new tires for my honda fourtrax 300 and I am using it in the mud but I am thinking about getting 27s for it and I know it will need a lift but how big of a lift do i need and is there anything else I need for then to work

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would think 2 inches would be enough lift. You might want to put some wheel spacers on also to accommodate the extra tire width. It’ll look better to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Used to ride a 1996 300 2WD, so from my experience I can say beware of going too big on the tires...the stock 300 is not a powerhouse engine to begin with, and if you start riding in the thick mud you will notice a decrease in power caused by the bigger tires. If you are going with bigger diameter tires, it would help restore your loss of power by installing a pipe and K&N or UNI filter and a bigger jet. I'm presuming you are riding a 2WD version because the 4WD version had different sized front and rear tires and going to 27's front and rear would create binding issues on your drivetrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts