ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and girls,
My name is Travis I am new on this forum! I just bought a 1992 Suzuki LT250R. It is cosmetically in very good shape but it has a seized top end. I bought it for 200 bucks off a buddy who is not very mechanically inclined nor does he have money to fix it. I have rebuilt 2 stroke top end multiple times but never delt with a seized one. Apparently he had it looked at and the piston is melted to the cylinder by the sounds of it. How do i go abouts getting the top end off? any suggestions or tips that may help me would be greatly appreciated! Also what should i go over while i have it apart? thinkin about doing bearings replacing all fluids, filter maybe brakes anythign else? also how are these things to ride?

Thanks

Travis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is there anyone on this forum? did i join the wrong atv forum? i put this post in the suzuki section no reply for two days so i figured id put it on the general section and no reply in 24 hours? what is this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorry about this i dont know what you would do otherwise i would help. we're still growing also :) welcome to the forums

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
lt250r

my buddy has 1 its a fast bike. he loves it. i like my hondas. anyhow, check over the swingarm area to check for cracks and worn bearings and seals. my friend has had a few problems out of his. he bought his used. he had the swingarm welded but it broke agin so he bought a aftermarket 1. always check the brakes and regrease everything because it is an older bike make sure it all working properly. and sabers advice to get the piston out is what i would do. GOOD LUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts