ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone here can help me with this . it would be great .... anyway i have had this carb. off 4 wheeler cleaned it up for what i could access thinking maybe an air Jet was clogged or something ..... but this 4 wheeler just seems to be getting too much gas or not enough air ... had the choke out and replaced the cable and still doing the same thing .... at idle it will do fine but the moment you try to open the throttle .... it will start chugging and choking itself ... does this whether its cold or warmed up ..... and on top of it when i open the throttle it starts spitting gas out of the back of the carb ... it just seems like its getting way too much gas or i am not getting any air .. and there dont seem to be any adjusting the carb. as far as fuel and air adjustments ... i have no clue about adjusting the float . but that doesnt seem to be sticking as i have had the bowl off the carb too ..... anyone out there know of this problem? .. or dealt with it before or have any answers? .... would be greatly appreciated ... too much gas would be my idea because its just blackening the spark plug but if so ... how do i adjust my fuel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info .. here after playing with the pilot screw i have it running better but still working the fine tuning in ... anyway this may sound stupid but .... the oil filler cap or the dipstick ... ummm lol ... where it is located on this and what type of oil? ... it sounds dumb i know but i rode em and so on but never really owned one til now where i had to do the work ... so anything would be helpful ... i have looked the machine over and i dont see any direct opening to dump in or check the oil ... then again i havent took the plastic off it ... . i bought this recent and its a 95 so of course i dont think the fenders were really ever off this so the bolts are rusted .. so thats just one more headache that i am planning on doing here soon ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi mate

i left my king quad for a week and went out on it for a few hours,then it stopped and i assumed it had a dirty jet so i cleaned out the carb with a air hose and since then its been gettin far to much fuel......i still havent gotten to the bottom of the problem after a week of strippin the carb.................one man suggested that the float may be heavy and not allowing the needle to block the fuel.........

·
Registered
16 Posts
look between the right rear tire and fender,you will see a little glass window thats where you check the oil,at rear of atv look below the right rear axle you will see a oil plug,thats where you add oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts