ATV Forum banner

1999 Polaris Magnum 500 - AWD, Reverse & Neutral lights not working...

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Trikemaster 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 Polaris Magnum 500. I went to plow the snow last week and got stuck and realized the front wheels were not working for the All wheel drive. When you flip the switch on the right handle bar to turn allow the AWD to engage, nothing happens including the light that normally lights up the letters AWD doesn't work. I also noticed that the reverse, and neutral lights do not work either. When you put it in reverse, there is no throttling of the engine like there should be, not sure if that has something to do with the reverse override button on the left handle bar.

The battery seems to be fine as the electric start and headlights both work fine.

Is there a fuse that is blown? Is there a wire plug that connects those controls that is loose? I can't find anything in the maintenance manual that helps. What do I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.