ATV Forum banner

2 or 4 stroke

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what in yalls opinion is better 2 or 4 stroke. i mainly do work around the farm and trail riding. had an 94 400L 2 stroke liked it but idk. what do yall think?

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
i dont know what is better. i have had both. i have a 400ex honda. i like it . it fits my riding habits. my 2stroke was cool as heck. it was a kawasaki kxt250tecate. the pros where it soounded cool and it was fast. did not trail ride well. it like to be wide open. slow riding it seemed to bog alot and foul plugs. my 4stroke is great on trails and has torque the 2 did not have. its a matter of opinion. 2strokes r still fast and people love them. but its also older tech that they r not spending as much time on anymore and it seems parts r limited compared to the 4 strokes of 2day. plus it seemed like my 2stroke needed rebuilt more like every year or 2. most people never rebuild there 4strokes unless they do something foolish, racing and want top power or modifying. but i wish i still had my tecate it turned alot of heads and sounded bad @$$

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ride all 4 stroke wheelers because i mostly do woods and trail riding but i love two strokes. Agree with saber as well there is nothing better than the smell of two stroke smoke on a cold winter day. My neighbor has a banshee and i must admit that it is much funner to ride than any of my 4 strokes. but mixing gas is a pain as well. None of our snowmobiles are oil injection but they are still a blast. I once heard a quote that went. "There is nothing like a quiet, tranquil, snowy night, then the sound of screaming two-strokes breaking that silence." and i must agree with the person who told me this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! You said that ur 2 stroke needed more rebuilt than ur four stroke but when u say rebuilt, What did you rebuilt of it?

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Well, do you have to rebuilt your cylinder every time that you change yur piston and rings? If not, in how many years do you have to rebuilt the cylinder?
I dont have it anymore but it was bored out to the max and when we don the rings we done it all 2 or 3 years depending on abuse. when we had it I was like 8-17years old and I did not treat it all that great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont have it anymore but it was bored out to the max and when we don the rings we done it all 2 or 3 years depending on abuse. when we had it I was like 8-17years old and I did not treat it all that great.
Well, is there something like a material or liquide that i can use to remove a bit of scratches in the cylinder. They are not deep ones, only small scratches on the surface.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts