ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have been reading this forum for a month or two now and thought it was time to sign up. i have purchased a 2000 fourtrax and it shifts up but will not shift down i have the engine out of the chassis and i have the service manual for the machine and dont the trouble shooting pin point test in the manual and picked my brain on this machine and thought its time to ask i have the front cover off and everything looks fine? has anyone else experianced this problem ever we also had a 450 forman s and never this problem so im boggled. i have tryed the manual shift lever and it feels like it shifts up but its werid because it will shift up a million times if you want it to it does not run out of gears. yet if you try to shift down just feels empty like there is tension there but doesnt shift.

Thanx in advance for any help guys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea if i had not shut it off it would have moved and if you push it with it stuck in gear it turns the engine over but it will not restart because it has a sensor that tells it its in gear and locks out starter other wise yes it moved but not well seeing as it is in 5th gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Similar problem on 2001 rancher ES

I am having a similar problem. I found the "gearshift plate" had cracked and would not allow mine to shift. I was stuck in neutral. This plate is found underneath the "change clutch" and requires the clutch to be removed before you can even see the plate, but I had to remove the part to actually see that it had been broken. Pulling the motor out of these things is no easy task, in my opinion! I am currently trying to order the part to see if there is any further damage to mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda Transmission Problem

Hi guys I Have a honda fourtrax 350 2000 and it was going fine but now it won't shift gears with the electric buttons but i can shift it manually with the little lever on the very bottom left of the motor. My friend that have the same ATV tell me that it could be the sensor that was poorly grounded. Can it really be that? for quick answer please!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts