ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone,
I have a 2000 Polaris Xplorer 250 4x4 I inherited from my father in law. I had inspected the vehicle and found a good number of things that needed replaced, fixed or maintained. Finally, after a lot of video watching I had it all put back together and ran it up and down the street to ensure I did not have any issues. I parked it and saw it was leaking fuel which I had not seen before.

I think maybe I disconnected a fuel line while working on the fuel tank? Not sure.

I took things apart again and noticed a leak coming from the bottom of the carburetor and a loose fuel line. Now I connected the loose fuel line to where I thought it went but not sure I got it right. Looking online at some videos, it seems right and it starts but fuel still leaks from the bottom of the carb. Also, found on top of the fuel tank there is a nipple that seems it needs a line to it but not sure where it would go. Maybe to the bottom of the Carburetor? See pictures I attached. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well never got any responses on here so figured no one knew what I was talking about or just didn't know at all. I am sure some poor soul on google will probably encounter this some time so will post what I found after going to a local ATV mechanic.

All the lines were connected correctly. The bottom one on the Carb is an overflow drain. What is happening is the float in there is stuck so it is allowing for fuel to continually drain until I shut the fuel valve off. Now, it does not drain while it is running because the demand for fuel keeps it at a low enough level to prevent it from over flowing.

So if you ever have this happen, remove your Carb and clean up the lower portion specifically where the Needle and Seat are. If the float still sticks or if the carb is so dirty youll need to buy a rebuild kit and just clean that whole darn thing out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you didn’t get a reply sooner. Looks like it all worked out though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts