ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put the Honda in reverse to back it up. started to back up and it stalled and know i am stuck in reverse. can not start it and can not get it out of gear to get it in neutral. tried to pull start it can not tried to jump start it off the starter no go. the engine oil is the gear oil as well full running ATV oil just changed. just did a whole rear end swap for i blew it. thought is was froze up due to the ride i just came from but nope not it. any one know what i can do or where i can look. when i went to the Honda dealer they have never hear of this problem. mine is a manual shift in 4x4 all the time. thanks in advance for the help

·
Banned
377 Posts
Stuck in gear...

2001 Honda TRX450S FOURTRAX FOURMAN S???
Maybe something fell into the engine while you were rebuilding:dunno:
On my wifes ltr450 you have to hold the clutch in to start it...
People say that oil can make an engine act up, but it seems to be mechanical. Most of the time there is a reverse switch that could go out. My trike lost 2nd gear one time and I opened it up and everything looked good(gears looked perfect)....sometimes shift forks bend.

It could be #5: DRUM, GEARSHIFT= If there is anything wrong with it replace the whole Drum. Good luck
GEARSHIFT - DRUM - 2001 Honda TRX450S FOURTRAX FOURMAN S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts