ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first ATV a 2001 Sportsman 500 HO .. I first want to say hello and also thank everyone for helping me out

I have had it stall out on me yesterday and today. If I am drving slow 7-15 mph it seems to bog out some and I have to give it more throttle. If I dont and stop it will stall but starts right back up to an idle and will go again

thanks in advance for your time

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I bought my first ATV a 2001 Sportsman 500 HO .. I first want to say hello and also thank everyone for helping me out

I have had it stall out on me yesterday and today. If I am drving slow 7-15 mph it seems to bog out some and I have to give it more throttle. If I dont and stop it will stall but starts right back up to an idle and will go again

thanks in advance for your time
Congrats! Change gas could be bad gas. Is your air filter clean?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Change gas could be bad gas. Is your air filter clean?
Air fliter looks clean. It has an outside cover over it like a screen.so looks like that would protect the filter itself. Is that normal? Most filters I have seen are just the filter itself but without ever owning a ATV prior I wasnt sure

When I feel it bog and give it more throttle it will hesitate some and then take off if that helps. But if when I feel it I come to a stop it will stall

Thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's good and welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts