ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An older gentleman near me has a 2001 Yamaha Timberwolf for sale in great shape, excellent plastics, no problems and new tires. I can buy it for $1500. Looks like a good deal, but I want the experts opinions.
I know it'll be slow but I am just going to be using it for trails and deer hunting.
Are parts hard to find for it? Just curious about if I should go ahead and pull the trigger on it. It's clean as a pin and everything works.
Thanks!

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11-13 / John 3:16

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t know much about Yamaha ATV’s What size is the engine? I’d say if it’s in great condition and low miles it might be worth it. Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They are on the smaller side but they are extremely reliable. I’d say it’s a good deal if the condition it like you say it is. If you take care of it you can get your money back when you move to something bigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the 250 so I think it's a 221cc from what I read somewhere. It looks clean and they say there's nothing wrong with it, so I hope to get a good look at it after church today. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's the 250 so I think it's a 221cc from what I read somewhere. It looks clean and they say there's nothing wrong with it, so I hope to get a good look at it after church today. Thanks very much!
Sounds good, the statement above about being very reliable- that’s worth a lot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, the statement above about being very reliable- that’s worth a lot!
Well, he sold it out from under me... So obviously it wasn't what God wanted for me. Must be something even better coming! I want a bigger one anyway - I'm 6'-6" 230.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, he sold it out from under me... So obviously it wasn't what God wanted for me. Must be something even better coming! I want a bigger one anyway - I'm 6'-6" 230.
Umm. Yes a bigger machine for you, for sure, lol. I guess get whatever your budget allows. Polaris, Can Am, a Honda will be the least amount of repairs, maintenance. You would fit a 700 to 850 nicely.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Devine intervention is a great way to explain it to the wife about needing a bigger one! I’m 5’10 and my 250 felt fine until I got the 800. The good thing about a smaller atv is they are more nimble. If you are hunting in the woods they are a lot easier to maneuver around trees. You have to take into consideration your weight and a 200lb(hopefully) deer. You might need a little more power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Umm. Yes a bigger machine for you, for sure, lol. I guess get whatever your budget allows. Polaris, Can Am, a Honda will be the least amount of repairs, maintenance. You would fit a 700 to 850 nicely.
Ideally I would really like to have a Honda. I'm restoring a 1974 Yamaha Enduro DT360A and am pretty much down to tuning the carburetor. I'm looking to sell it or trade for a nice one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Devine intervention is a great way to explain it to the wife about needing a bigger one! I’m 5’10 and my 250 felt fine until I got the 800. The good thing about a smaller atv is they are more nimble. If you are hunting in the woods they are a lot easier to maneuver around trees. You have to take into consideration your weight and a 200lb(hopefully) deer. You might need a little more power.
I used to have a Sportsman 335 but thought maybe this 250 would have been easier to maneuver. I would really like to have a 400 or bigger if I can sell my DT360A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts