It is almost impossible to find ATV manuals for FREE....
2002 Honda 400EX
The highly acclaimed Sportrax(tm) 400EX dominates the competition with outstanding performance and handling.
Features & Benefits
• Honda Racing-inspired graphics.
• The 397cc RFVC(tm) engine draws its breath from the same engine that powers the bulletproof XR400R.
• The ultra-lightweight TRX400EX weighs only 375 pounds.
• Long-travel suspension exceeds that of even Honda's legendary TRX250R.
• Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
• Beautiful one-piece cast aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
• Radial tires for exceptional handling.
• Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
• Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
• High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
• Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
• Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
• Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
• Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
• Maintenance-free automatic cam chain tensioner.
• Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
• 35.5mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and excellent driveability. An accelerator pump assures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
• Stainless steel dual exhaust headpipes resist corrosion.
• USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
• Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
• Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport ATV demands.
• High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
• Five-speed transmission with gears designed and ratios selected specifically for sport ATV use.
• Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
• One-piece cast aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
• Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa(r) shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
• Pro-Link(r) rear suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel.
• Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
• All Pro-Link components are made of aluminum to further reduce vehicle weight.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
• Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
• Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring-sealed drive chain.
• Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
• Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
• Convenient push-button electric starting.
• Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
• Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport ATV design.
• Plastic fuel tank is durable and won't rust.
• Dual 30-watt headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
• Snorkel-type airbox to avoid water and dirt contamination.
• Washable, two-stage large-capacity foam air filter.
• Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
• Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
• Tough steel front skidplate.
• Heavy-duty steel skidplate protects rear brake disc and sprocket.
• Engine cases protected by a tough urethane skidplate.
• Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
• Maintenance-free battery.
• Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
• Multi-function handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
• Easy-to-use parking brake.
• Tool kit includes low-pressure air gauge and owner's manual.
• Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
• Transferable six-month limited warranty.
• Flag kit.
• Work stand.
Engine Type: 397cc RFVC air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 85mm x 70mm
Carburetion: 35.5mm piston-valve with accelerator pump
Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
Driveline: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: Independent double-wishbone with Showa shocks, five-position spring preload adjustability; 8.2 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link fully adjustable single Showa shock;9.1 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Single 220mm disc
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby radial
Rear: 20 x 10-9 knobby radial
A forum community dedicated to All ATV owners and enthusiasts ranging across all makes including Suzuki, Yamaha, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Kawasaki, and Honda. Come join the discussion about classifieds, troubleshooting, suspension, riding, off roading, maintenance, performance, modifications, and more!