ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Background first... My daughters Predator, would die after it got hot. So from past experience, I have seen the stator go out. So I replaced the stator and the coil. And its still the same. When I hit the starter, I get a single spark at the plug and that's it. The only thing left could be the CDI Box I am thinking.

Now searching for a CDI, I find a Polaris ones for $175+ and aftermarket for $15+

What worries me is that the aftermarket ones have an extra blue wire coming out of the bottom. Anyone know what that is for? I called and emailed sellers of these cdi's and non of them can tell me what it is for. They only say that's the way they get them.

Help Please!!

Thanks,

Jess

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Background first... My daughters Predator, would die after it got hot. So from past experience, I have seen the stator go out. So I replaced the stator and the coil. And its still the same. When I hit the starter, I get a single spark at the plug and that's it. The only thing left could be the CDI Box I am thinking.

Now searching for a CDI, I find a Polaris ones for $175+ and aftermarket for $15+

What worries me is that the aftermarket ones have an extra blue wire coming out of the bottom. Anyone know what that is for? I called and emailed sellers of these cdi's and non of them can tell me what it is for. They only say that's the way they get them.

Help Please!!

Thanks,

Jess
blue wire is for reverse if equipped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts