ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals Tim here, new to the forums. I have an issue that I have found answers to on other forums but curious about something.

My 04 Wolverine does not spark when trying to electric start it and I am not sure when trying to pull start it. I used my manual to test ohms for the ignition coil which checks out good but not sure while testing the stator / pickup coil is the key and run switch suppose to be turned on?

So far I only checked resistance with atv in a off/no key condition, but my readings are not what the manual states they should be. A tech at the local yamaha dealship is saying its the stator.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wolverine Starting issue

The spec for the stator is. Pick up, white/green to white/red is 459 to 561 OHM's. The source coil is Brown to green and it should read 270 to 330 OHM's. Tjis problem is almost always a stator issue, stators fail because of heat, please check the oil cooler on the Wolverine, make sure it is not plugged! Wow what aneat machine, I never had a chance to get my hands on one and I regret it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts