ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy my first quad and figured this would be a good place to start. My plan is to use it here in Ohio for deer hunting and general use. I don't live on the farm so it won't be used a great deal nor do I plan on hauling major loads with it. Majority of use would be hauling deer out of the woods...lazy fat guys to their stands....or food & deer stands to different areas... If possible when the ice is here we would use it to wonder out on Lake Erie. I was looking at a Yamaha and found a 450 Kodiak. I don't know much about the Yamaha models as I'm more familiar with Polaris but I was curious as to what the big differences are in the Kodiak vs the grizzly or the other Utility models they offer. I noticed the Kodiak is not a part of their line any more...

For what I'm looking to use it for, this sounds like a sufficient machine. Any other suggestions...

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I did it...bought my first quad. I did choose the 2006 Kodiak 450SE. It has proven to be sufficient so far. I picked up the quad in Columbus, OH on Friday and drove it back to Toledo friday night. By the time I got home we had already been dumped on with 2-3 inches of snow. I ate dinner and by the time I came outside we had about 6 inches. Needless to say the 2WD truck could not back the trailer into the driveway. So, I unhitched the trailer and hooked it up to the quad! Put it in 4lo and it had NO issue pulling the ramp trailer up the driveway and into the garage. Heck, the quad paid for itself already :) I can't wait to get out on some trails and play with it now. So far I've only been able to play in the snow in my neighborhood....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Riding Gear

Will do...have some photos just need to get them on the computer and then I'll load them on here. Looks like the first trail ride date has been set for the end of April....now I have to gear up and figure out what kind of helmet and boots are good and what are not..

You guys have any recomendations..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts