ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to say hello to all, I'm new to this forum and would like to say hello.

Considering buying the above mentioned machine, it looks to be in great shape and
has 5000 kms (about 3000 miles). Might be a dumb question but I am new to ATV's
and not sure. Is 5000 kms a lot for an ATV of this year?

Thanks
Billy Bones:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Billy,

That is a fair bit for a 07 but certainly not unheard of. Probably a lot of road running. Is it from Ottawa? Some of my friends that live in SmoothRock..Hearst etc use their quads as there main transportation. It is legal to use them anywhere..in town etc. Have it checked out...could be a great buy if the price is right.......good luck !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Billy,

That is a fair bit for a 07 but certainly not unheard of. Probably a lot of road running. Is it from Ottawa? Some of my friends that live in SmoothRock..Hearst etc use their quads as there main transportation. It is legal to use them anywhere..in town etc. Have it checked out...could be a great buy if the price is right.......good luck !
Thanks for the input Planner

I also thought that 5000 kms was quite a bit for a 2007. Pretty sure it's trail riding but you never know. He does have super mudder tires on it, that might tell me something right there.

I have a line on a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO with 1200 kms. Might go that way. Although the Cat looks like a great deal, it might not be.

I'm an older guy just retired and looking for a machine to get me into some back country trout lakes, and able to haul a canoe and camping gear with me.

Thanks Again
Billy Bones :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am both an AC and Polaris owner. 7K on the Polaris. I have had great luck with both. I do however like to lock the front diff. Let us know what you decide on !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts