ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am new to this forum. but i just bought a used 2007 artic cat 650 h1 trv atv and i took it for its 1st ride and i topped out at 35 mph so i changed the belt, changed the oil and replaced the plug know i can only do 30 mph and it starts to spit and sputter like i am hitting the rev limiter this is when i am in hi gear i am using a e3 spark plug and i checked the rollers on the primary clutch i did not see any flat spots is it possible that th valving is out of adjustment it does feel like it is slipping a bit or could the wet clutch being having a problem does any one have any ideas thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i am new to this forum. but i just bought a used 2007 artic cat 650 h1 trv atv and i took it for its 1st ride and i topped out at 35 mph so i changed the belt, changed the oil and replaced the plug know i can only do 30 mph and it starts to spit and sputter like i am hitting the rev limiter this is when i am in hi gear i am using a e3 spark plug and i checked the rollers on the primary clutch i did not see any flat spots is it possible that th valving is out of adjustment it does feel like it is slipping a bit or could the wet clutch being having a problem does any one have any ideas thanks
Could it be running lean? Maybe run a richer jet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts