ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda Trx 400 Ex Sport, My bike keeps pulling to the left, i was told its the eliment, so i called honda they told me it was 17-15 Millemeters (17 on the left) (15 on the right). i did that took the front end apart, ball joints tie rods and all other bars are good, not bent or anything, but still pulls to the left, The right side handle bars are just slightly bent, but not enough to make an impact on the steering.. Does anyone have any information on what i could do next? Im completely lost.. Anything would be good right now, If you need pics, i will post them or send them to you in an email.. Just help please..

·
Banned
377 Posts
Trx400ex...

I have a 2007 Honda Trx 400 Ex Sport, My bike keeps pulling to the left, i was told its the eliment, so i called honda they told me it was 17-15 Millemeters (17 on the left) (15 on the right). i did that took the front end apart, ball joints tie rods and all other bars are good, not bent or anything, but still pulls to the left, The right side handle bars are just slightly bent, but not enough to make an impact on the steering.. Does anyone have any information on what i could do next? Im completely lost.. Anything would be good right now, If you need pics, i will post them or send them to you in an email.. Just help please..

*If you seem to be having trouble with your ATV pulling to one side are the other, there are few things you should check. First of all, It is important to take a look at your tire pressure. Because of the flexibility and softness of ATV tires, even a couple of pounds difference will affect the pull of your ATV. This is due to the expansion from the air pressure. More air in one tire of your ATV will unevenly distribute your ATV and push it in one direction. Whichever direction you find your ATV pulling, check the opposite back tire.
*Mushy or worn out shocks*
Something else you should check in this situation are all of your front and components. This includes the tie rod ends, ball joints, shocks, and the bushing of your steering column. Finally, and perhaps the most obvious, check the front end alignment on the ATV.
*The brakes could be dragging.... try bleeding them real good all around.
*bearings(wheel would be loose)-or-stripped out hubs....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulling to the left

hey, i checked the tire pressure, their all set to about 4psi, What do you mean by Mushy shocks?. And the shocks seem to be good, Tie rods, ball joints, Where is the bushing for the steering column exactly located?. The front end alignment is good now, i just adjusted it to, 17Mill, and around 151\2 mill,. Honda said it should be 17mill on the left and 15 on the right for tow out..The rear breaks are brand new, just installed them bout a week agom did the bleeding in the back, the bearings are good too,.. how would you know if the hubs are bad?

·
Banned
377 Posts
It seems that you have covered most areas....

Where is the bushing for the steering column exactly located?
1: Bushing, Steering
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/showschematic/m9622sch417436

"rear breaks are brand new, just installed them bout a week ago..did the bleeding in the back"
Have you bled or checked the front brakes?
how would you know if the hubs are bad? If the wheels are loose or have any play...front-back/side to side

What do you mean by Mushy shocks? Mushy meaning not stiff....One shock could be more mushy than the other....a shock gets mushy when the oil gets low or the seal wears out.

·
Banned
377 Posts
If everything seems tight and bushings are good then your alignment is off....Try adjusting the side that keeps pulling...A little turn at a time.

(17 on the left) (15 on the right)....maybe try 16 16

1 - 5 of 5 Posts