ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i an in the air force, currently stationed in iraq. We have a few atv's ( icalled them all atvs but only oneof them is a four wheeler) Well the one 2007 polaris ranger is having a problem starting, engine cranks, after a while it wil start up(just before the battery dies, most of the time.) But if/when it does start it will not stay running at idle, and kinda chugs for a while. Spark is good, drained and replaced fuel, replaces air filter, replaced spark plug. Now, where i am at we do not have very many tools, or the normal stuff you would have stateside. pretty much all i have for cleaning purposes is ether, wd40, oil, and degreaser. Any and all help would be very very much appriciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a ETC switch built into the throttle body to kill the engine if the throttle cable is to loose. We have a 700 EFI 6x6 in right now with a similar problem. If you take the seat off and follow the throttle cable there is a adjuster on the cable about directly under your right buttcheek. Try adjusting this. ~Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts