ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking it's an EFI related problem...

My 'check engine' light has been coming on and off while running. Sometimes it will run beautifully, and others it's been coughing and sputtering while speeding up. It wasn't so bad at first but now when it starts to act up it's shaking violently trying to get the revs up.

I checked my manual for blink codes and it gave me a 41, 45, 46...
Respectively, these all have to do with barometric pressure faults, and air pressure/temperature faults.

I have no idea what to do other than take it to my dealer and get raped on labour fees. I would rather do the work myself if possible...

Can anyone out there please help??

THanks,

P0tr0ast

·
Registered
48 Posts
check the wires on the plug end of the sensor see if any of the wire's are chaffed or broke. this is a pretty common for them to break or chafe,
the sensor is on the front of the air box on top of the carb boot while your there check the carb boot too for crack's in the boot itself.

if the wire's are broke polaris make's a pig tail kit to fix it for around 20 buck's, ps some dealer's do not know about the pig tail kit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the carb boot?
This machine is fuel injected, where would i find that?

I will look this evening to see if i can find it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes i know its efi but you have still have the boot from the air box to the carb/throttle body

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried looking over all the wires, everyuthing seems to be in good shape.
Since it's giving me barometric pressure and air temperature faults, i'm wondering if the sensor on the back of my air box is not working?

If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

THanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts