ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very noisy in the clutch side, like that from new, dealer tells me its normal, is there anything that can be done or is this normal?? for the 700's, have a thundercat that is quiet...

·
Banned
377 Posts
2008 700 EFI SE Noisy....

The gears are made by the factory to have a little play in them...
Yeah, Thundercat's are noisy brand new....which is normal operation.
People have been trying to lessen the noise....

The rollers can be pretty far out of balance stock. They very between 17 and 17.1 grams. I've heard of the H1's being further out than that. People have turned the inside of it on a lathe to match them.
It gets Louder the more miles you put on the bike. The roller sleeves wear a little overtime and allow the rollers to clatter around in the roller valleys. It's most noticeable at idle, and when riding at a constant low speed low throttle application situation. The ones that rattle are the rollers that are a different weight than the others. The rollers are in harmony in the valleys, and the off-weight roller is the one that usually rattles because it is not pushing out on the fixed plate like the others do. say if you have 6-23 gram rollers and 2-22.5 gram rollers, the 23s will all be pushing out against the fixed plate the same amount at a given RPM but it takes more RPMs to push the 22.5s out against the fixed plate, so the 6-23s are pushing out against the fixed plate, and the 2-22.5s are hanging back a bit and are loose in the roller valley and rattle around since they are not pushing against the fixed plate like the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a million for the info and also we found the problem with the Thundercat, it was the stater only 700 miles on the machine, i'm no mechanic but i now i know the noise in the 700 EFI is normal and hopefully it won't get any worse...Thanks!!! trikemaster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts