ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is brand new......left over I bought 3 weeks ago.....
Scenario
after riding for several hours and returning to base bike just shut down, discovered a blown 10 amp fuse in the fuse block at the ignition spot.....replaced fuse, bike started and home I went. This happened just after flying through a puddle of about 2 inches deep. I had been in much worse through out the day.
Next time out while approaching a hill through a 4 foot ditch with a 12 foot hill to climb on other side the bike did it again, luckly it happened going into the ditch and not while I was climbing out the other side, bike quit. I immediately replaced same fuse and bike started again and back to base I go......Following morning I was looking at the fuse and it did not look burnt. So I put an ohm meter on it to check and it was good......I then put it back in bike and bike runs.......
I do have a brake light switch stuck on, waiting for new one to arrive, I do have aux lights, however they are on own fused circut independant of ignition, wired straight to battery.

Any thoughts from you all would be appreciated.....Moike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Something is obviously shorting out your electrical system. If i were you i would probably wait till the brake light parts come in and see if that is what is shorting it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switch must be culprit

After I had switch replaced, I have not experienced a blown fuse. However bike was still mysteriously shutting down. Turns out the damn key tag was fetching up and turning bike off......love those engineers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts