ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for a ride and it started backfiring half way in to trip. next thing it started stalling on me. got it home and now it wont start. called polaris dealer told me check plug, air filter and make sure it's not water in gas .. plug , air filter good , replaced gas and got it going again, idle's not bad but still backfiring after it's been running for a will . went for a spin and blew the carb off intake..

anyone got any ideas on this? :dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no noise, no smoke, was going 30 miles/ph when it all started but now after changing gas cant even give it gas in drive it backfires and stalls on me .

·
Registered
64 Posts
my grandpa does small engine work and recently recieved a 2005 sportsman 500ho that seems to have the same problem. did you try driving it around at low speeds for a while.. it seemed to help this one but the choke is also messed up and will need carb gone through. i will update when he finds the total problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got it the shop to find out 3 hours later . that a wiere came loose and was making contact with engine frame .making the computer short circut shouting down engine. 12$ for part 255$ labor.

back in the mud and having fun :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 Sportsman x2 500 HO

Interesting, I'm having the same problem. Brought it in a couple weeks ago and $110 later they changed oil, spark plug and said I bad gas. Curious what part was replaced or where the loose wire was? where do I begin to look?
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts