ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my nex machine Saturday. Off to the mud Sunday!
I could not be happier. I have owned a sportsmen 400 bought new many years ago, yamaha grizzly bought used and a polaris trailblazer bought new and a yamaha 250 cc 2 wheel drive trail something beofre this machine. First off it is huge compared to my other atv's. Not complaining I am 6'2" 240 lbs. lol
The ride is like a cadillac in the woods! I tried some serious stream and swamp crossings without a hitch! I towed my buddies atv (off brand model) 4 or 5 times with my 3500lb warn winch.
Waterproof front storage is great! p[lenty of power and handles great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congratulations! you going to break it in before you hit the mud?

They do ride awesome, eh?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
break in

I rode the first two tanks of gas nice and easy. I varied the throttle but no full throttle on first two tanks. I did light mudding (trails not mud holes or creeks) basic woods riding. On the third tank I opened it up occasionally short bursts at a time. I am ready to start romping on it soon:laugh: I am on about the 6th tank of fuel and it is no holds bared now. Looking to go to losttrails in pa soon. So far I really like it. This thing has decent power never felt under powered even using half throttle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats, you will love the bike. A good buddy rides the same.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trip

You are right the more I ride it the more i like it.
I was riding with a guy who has a Can Am 1000 xt and did not feel underpowered on the trails. He did destroy me on open ground (top speed and acceleration). but on trails up to 30 mph it was up to the rider 500 has plenty of power.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Modifications

I was thinking of some modifications to my sportsmen 500 ho.
ITP mud lite XTR 27 inch and ITP alum rims
May need 2 inch lift may do even if i do not need.
Any decent power mods for the 500's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts