ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there I own a 2016 Suzuki king quad 750 lta, it currently has 4000 miles on it with 317 hours. I feel it’s getting high miles, what would high miles be considered. at 4000 miles is it still a baby?? I’m not really sure,I do oil change ever 400 miles and air filter ever 150 miles. I stay on top of my maintenance. Asking for everyone’s opinion Thanks in advance
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
181 Posts
4000 miles in low gear through mud and water might be something to worry about, but that thing hasn't done many hours, isn't very old, and looks pretty clean, and I wouldn't think is very worn at all yet.

Here in New Zealand the tax department tell us that the average farmer spends one quarter of the bikes new retail cost every year on maintenance... That's the average.. (I'm a rural mechanic though and have serviced quads for years, and don't generally spend anything like that on my customers bikes a year, and they keep going reliably).. If you aren't finding yourself spending that sort of money on it yet, I wouldn't worry.

They start needing more and more maintenance on driveline and brakes and wheel bearings eventually, but most parts of the bikes are good for years(decades even), in my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts