ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new Grizzly 700 SE and I purchased a plow for it as well. The ATV Came with a winch installed due to it being a SE it's a 2500 Warn Provantage 2500. The question I have is what can I buy if anything to move the hookup between the winch and plow to get more lift out of the plow? Right now I can only go up just a little due to the winch cable and the hook. Does anyone have a recommendation on something I can do? I was thinking a pulley system on my front rack or something that the winch cable would go into and then down to the plow providing a lot more lift but I have not been able to find anything that looks like it would work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live in Alabama so no snow just a lot of mud right now. Hopefully someone will come along and answer your question soon. A pulley system to the front rack does sound like a good idea though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Couple things:

Set your front springs on max firmness to minimize front end drop from the weight of the plow. On my '02 Suzuki Vinson 500, I took the WARN hook out of the equation and simply ran the plow attachment pin through the loop thimble on the cable (synth rope after I swapped the cable out). This buys a few more inches.

I thought of a rack pulley too. Try these first and see if it's still necessary. Your front end clearance seems to be the same or more than mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts