ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some info looking for a cdi box on ebay will a 250 work on a 300 the seller say yes i dont tink so but need more help if you know let me know thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year bro?
its a 91 suzuki 4 wheeldrive 300cc i found one one ebay for a 300cc now have not check the one on the 250 to see if they sold it . i would like to get a aftermarket one that hop up the power .let me know if you know of one . thanks

·
Banned
377 Posts
Cdi...

It was weird I couldn't figure out what model....None said 300
I compared CDI's from the LTF4WDXM to the LTF250M and they look the same,but gave different part #'s. Imo...I would stick with the oem 300.

DR250M DR250SM LTF250M LTF4WDXM DR350M DR350SM LT250RM RM250M RMX250M

A XR250 CDI box needs the engine to spin faster(than 400ex) at start up to trigger the ignition coil. When it's cold out or when the engine is not jetted correctly, this will add to the problem. With a stock CDI box that has been modified, this is not a problem. In cross-country racing we want the engine to start as quick as possible because of the dead engine starts and the hole shot is extremely important - this is one more reason why we use the stock CDI box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks
im thinking the same.i would like to get a more power cdi box but i dont know who makes one and how high they are .
im going to jet the carb and put a pipe and air filter then later will rebuld the motor and thats all i think i will be able to do . like to get a cam and cdi box and thats it .would like to re gear the high speed to 45 to 50 mph but dont think i can coz the tran is with the motor .im hop en the 300 will sell
cheap .you might help me on this im looking on getting some new shock for it taller i want more travel i like to get some adj one to set up firm to soft . thought about air shocks for cars reason why im going to put a big battery in it and then i could put a air pump and valve to adj the air .reason why i would like to be adj on the fly it on dirt track i would make it firm but on rocks make it soft to make it flex more to help but i dont think i need that much i can run it hard and it will still work .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts