ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 400ex. i just recently got it rebuilt its bored to a 406 has a new OEM crank a milled head and over sized valves and a new dirt digger clutch. i got it back and it was running twice as strong as when i first got it but heres where my problems started. i took it for about a 10 minute ride and parked it and happend to notice there was oid leaking out of my air box so i opened it up and it was coming out of my carb so i called the guy who rebuilt it and he said it was no big deal as long as the oil was still showing on the dipstick and the leaking stopped which it did so i rode it around for about 3 hours or so and i kept checking the oil and it stayed full and didnt seem to move at all so i didnt worry about it. the next day i went out to ride i started it up and let it idle for about 5 minutes or so then i started to give it a little throttle to open it up a little and it bogged down and shut off and hasnt started since.. it still has tons of compression and it turns over nice and smooth,i put a new spark plug in it and it still has spark but it seems like it doesnt want to fire. i took the carb apart and cleaned it up made sure everything was clean but it still doesnt want to start. i checked all the the wiring to see if anything was unplugged or grounded but everything is fine... it has me completely stumped does anyone have any idea what it could be. :dunno:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts