ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they bolt up from one machine to another (minus slight mod to fit 450R shocks on 400ex) but I'm curious how much better the 450R shocks are

I've heard some people say that its day and night difference, but I think this all depends on what type of riding.

I have a 400ex now and it rides like a piece of plywood through really rocky terrain where a utility quad rides like a couch through the same.

Can I get a more plus ride with the 450R shocks than the 400ex ones?

I'm not looking to hit 30' jumps, just more supple suspension for very rocky terrain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed some 450r shocks on my fiancees 2006 400ex and wanted to find out for sure if it was going to make it ride better for her so went out an ran the piss out of it. Needless to say it improves the overall ride and handling of it. So if you can pic up a set at a decent price go for it you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I can buy a set of NOS 400ex shocks for about $40 bucks a set...

A set of 450R shocks will set me back at least $200.

Does it matter what year 450R shocks I buy? I found a good price on a pair from a 2005.

Thanks,
-mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would try an get some from a 2006 or never, they changed up the valving in them some makes for a smoother ride. But unless you are going to be doing some serious trail riding or racing the 2005 will be fine but I would definitely go with the 450r front shocks

·
Registered
4 Posts
he 450R better than 400ex because I am use this vehicle. This is Japan- based Honda manufactured vehicle. This atvs feature are single-cylinder RFVC engine and driven speed manual transmission.This vehicles are very develop the feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts