ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12-acre pine forest and I want something that I can hook up attachments to like a scraper, harrow rake, or mower to maintain my land. Mostly I want to smooth out the trails and smooth out the places where the feral hogs have rooted around. I would also like to be able to put a chain around a downed tree (generally 12" or less diameter) and drag it to a different place on the property. If I kill a hog, I'd like to be able to drag it to the back of the property for the coyotes.

The soil is mostly sandy with a little clay. It drains pretty quickly. There is a decent incline at the front of the property and my 2WD Honda Ridgeline truck can get stuck trying to go up the drive when it's been raining. There is a decent amount of pine and hardwood much on top of that where I had forestry mulchers come through after I had the forest thinned.

I've been thinking that I need a 4x4 ATV, but I am wondering if a 2WD is sufficient for what I will do. I don't plan to ride recreationally or go mudding or anything. This is strictly a work machine with maybe the occasional mile drive up to the corner store.

I've never owned an ATV and I don't want to spend more than $2500 - $3000 for a used one.

What are your thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts