ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 2002 polaris sportsman 500 HO and when i turn my key on it just clicks and it wont start unless i pull it over and tonight it recoiled and cut up my fingers and no im pissed.. so what might my problem be??

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok so i have a 2002 polaris sportsman 500 HO and when i turn my key on it just clicks and it wont start unless i pull it over and tonight it recoiled and cut up my fingers and no im pissed.. so what might my problem be??
either some lost connection along the way from the battery to your starter. check to see if there is power going to your starter. if there is then it is obviously your starter. just take it apart and see if the bushings are contacting. if they are then maybe need a new starter. dont go to any dealer or even after market for a new one they will rip you off. i found one on Ebay for as low as $49.99 after market wants $200 and dealer wants $300.00 and that is not including install. it is easy you can do it yourself for sure. i did. by the way i did not have to buy a new one it was just the bushings that needed to be cleaned and presto new again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thnx man im ganna check it out tommarow!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i taped my starter and the selinod next to the batt. cleaned the terminals and still just clicking, it sounds like the clicking is coming from my selinoid... i didnt ckech the brushes cause it looked like a pain in the *** to take off..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, first of all NEVER EVER EVER EVER hit your starter with anything. That might have been ok 50 years ago but now adays starters have ceramic magnets that can easily be cracked making your starter useless. Try charging your battery, have to do it to mine every now and then. My wheeler could be started with the pull start but could not be revved up for a few minutes without dying out on me, charged the battery and now it goes fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have current to the Starter....and its not kicking over...replace the starter....plain&Simple....Muddie49:cheeky4:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts