ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After doing some hands on research, I have some more questions.

I looked at a 500HO, then went and looked at an Outlander 400, and after I got the price, a 550XP non EPS can be had for significantly less money. Has anyone on here gone from a 500HO to a 550XP (NON EPS)? Is the 550 really a whole different machine? Better on trails, hauling, roads?

Any issues with the EFI? Electrical issues?? How many miles/hours??

Sorry for all the questions, but I do not want to be wondering if I should have stepped up to the XP first hand.

I will make the final decision when I buy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Xp Verus 500Ho

I have both...2009 500Ho and 2010 xp550 efi non eps...only thing i see is the EFI throttle reponce is faster...idles higher also...but rides about the same.Steers the same...same soft ride,xp has bigger tires..and starts faster...both quads are excellent handling machines on the trails...nothing easy about changing oil etc on the xp...the 500 is much easier....xp battery box suxs..battery is side ways and the 500 is in the rear fender...plugs easy on 500ho...tough on the xp...the led pods...much better placed on the 500ho then the xp..seats...500 wider then the xp...no storage compartment on the front...xp....so with that i like the 500ho reather then the xp...except throttle reponse is better on the xp....so its close comparing them....Muddie:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Muddie. I will not be buying until spring, so in all likely hood the 500HO will be gone anyway. But I really thing I would prefer the 550, especially for the ADC.

Will post pics when I get it.

Love the rims and tires on your 550, are they stock??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah thier stock on the xp...14 inch tires and stock 14 inch wheels...Ho has the ITP wheels and Maxxis zillas....26 inch with 14 inch wheels....Muddie49

1 - 4 of 4 Posts