ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2wd 88 fourtrax 300
should this machine have a fan in front of the motor?
i only ask cuz iv looked at some other makes and noticed they do, and when riding my machine at low speeds i can feel the heat coming off the motor. im not saying i think its gonna over heat, but right now it only 50 degrees outside. will it be a problem when its 80degrees?

also, im going to buy a generic $100 winch off ebay. what should i wire it into? can i splice into the wires that go to the lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a 2wd 88 fourtrax 300
should this machine have a fan in front of the motor?
i only ask cuz iv looked at some other makes and noticed they do, and when riding my machine at low speeds i can feel the heat coming off the motor. im not saying i think its gonna over heat, but right now it only 50 degrees outside. will it be a problem when its 80degrees?

also, im going to buy a generic $100 winch off ebay. what should i wire it into? can i splice into the wires that go to the lights?
I had an '89 Honda Fourtrax 4X4 with the 350cc engine, and it was an awesome quad! Yes, there should be a fan, or mine did anyway. The fan actually came on quite frequently during hard riding, or if I was towing with my quad.
I'd check into this, as I'm pretty sure having a fan is an important feature.

Most winches come with instructions, but I've always had the leads come right off the battery. Read the instructions, as I'm sure it will explain how to wire a winch, or even do a search online.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
as far as a fan im not sure. but the winch should come of the battery. they draw to much current for the small gauge wire that your lights r hooked to. you may burn the wires or blow fuses. and if the winch is not getting the electrical power it nets it will not run properly. dont hook it to the lights bad idea:thumbsdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts